Shrimp Fried Rice
by HexClad Cookware
1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 cups brown rice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or your oil of choice)
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen carrots, large dice
4 cloves garlic
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 cup soya sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Heat 30 cm HexClad Wok to medium heat and add vegetable oil.
2. Once heated, add garlic then shrimp and cook until shrimp turns orange colour.
3. Add peas and carrots. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Slide shrimp, peas and carrots to one side creating a small area to add egg. Add 1 tsp of oil and then add egg yolk. Scramble until soft. While egg is still wet and not fully cooked, add rice and mix thoroughly.
5. Add soya sauce, sesame oil, mix and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
6. Top green onion, sesame seeds and enjoy!